In the music industry, promotional releases are used to generate interest in a specific composer or genre of music. Often times, these types of CD albums are not commercially sold by a publishing company and instead are distributed for free. Over the years, a few tracks from Young Indiana Jones have been released on promotional albums. All of these releases were distributed in limited quantities and are currently out of print.
Laurence Rosenthal - Music for Television
This 2-CD set, released by Intrada's promotional label, contains several tracks from many of Rosenthal's television scores, including a few released and unreleased YIJC tracks.
The track titled "The Voice of Ireland" is the same as the first minute of "The Uprising" on OST #4.
19. The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles - Main Title (2:09)20. The Fight in the Bakery / The Voice of Ireland (Ireland 1916) (3:13)21. The Long Night of Dr. Wen Ch-iu (Peking 1910) (7:11)22. The Amazing Flight of the Filing Cabinet (Prague 1917) (2:19)23. Tolstoy Among the People (Travels with Father) (3:09)24. Broadway To Hollywood (Hollywood Follies) (2:26)
Joel McNeely - Filmworks
This 2-CD set contains several scores by McNeely, one of which is a single 12 minute medley of YIJC tracks. All of them are included on the four OSTs.
00:00 - 00:59 - Verdun 1916 - "Race to the Front" 00:59 - 04:04 - The Scandal of 1920 - "Meeting Peggy / New York Arrival" 04:04 - 07:22 - German East Africa 1916 - "Desert Trek" 07:22 - 10:14 - London 1916 - "Celtic Love" 10:14 - 12:40 - The Phantom Train of Doom - "The Old and the Bold"
Curt Sobel - Transylvania, 1918
In the 1990's, composer Curt Sobel released a limited edition promotional CD for his score to Transylvania, 1918. This CD is extremely rare to find, but it does include 100% of the score including music from the bookends.
It's worth noting that this music has been sold as an expanded 2-CD set with music from Last Crusade or Emperor's Tomb. These copies are not the official CD and are illegal bootlegs.
01. Trick Or Treat (1:27)02. Venice / Fortune Teller (3:46)03. Briefing / Assignment: Vlad (3:51)04. Off to Romania (3:09)05. Meeting Nicolas (2:34)06. Climbing Every Mountain (2:58)07. Castle Heights / Hanging Corpses (2:49)08. Lightning (3:39)09. Dripping Blood (1:48)10. Death in Your Pocket (2:15)11. Ice Room (1:46)12. Vlad the Impaler (1:36)13. Dinner Anyone? (1:58)14. Lull Them to Sleep (2:21)15. Towers of Tortures (2:45)16. Bloodletting / Stabbed in the Back (2:29)17. Resurrected / Indy Fights Vlad (1:51)18. Four Roads Meet (0:38)19. Forest Reckoning (0:34)20. I'd Stake His Life On It / Halloween (2:10)
The Best of Adventure CD set features re-recordings of famous movie scores, including the Young Indiana Jones theme, which was performed by the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra. It was arranged by John Bell and conducted by William Motzing.
2. The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles: Main Title (01:35)
The Best of the West CD set (released in Germany) by Edel Records contains a re-recording of a track from Rosenthal's score for Mexico, 1916. This score has never seen a complete release before which makes this specific track extremely unique. It was performed by the Czech Symphony Orchestra and was conducted by William Motzing.
Over the years, Edel Records has re-released this CD on two separate occasions under a different name. It is also known as "The Best of the Wild West" and "The Best of Adventure and Fantasy" (with different cover art), but all three of these releases contain the exact same Young Indy track.
8, 10, 15. Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, Mexico 1916 - Pancho Villa's Camp (3:25)
Cliffhangers: Action And Adventure In The Movies by the Silva Screen label features re-recordings of famous movie scores, including the Young Indiana Jones theme, which was performed by the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra. It was arranged by John Bell and conducted by William Motzing. This track is the exact same version of the theme that was featured in the The Best of Adventure CD set.
14. The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles: Main Title (01:35)
Satellite 1, a German television network, released a CD promoting the airing of Young Indiana Jones in 1992. Oddly enough, it contains four tracks which are all hip-hop variations of Rosenthal's Young Indy theme. You can listen to the album here.
1. Young Indy (Radio Edit) (3:22)2. Young Indy (Dance Version) (6:34)3. Young Indy (Saxy Mix) (6:57)4. Young Indy (Instrumental Version) (3:21)